SHE WANTED MORE

 They call me Karen, yeah,Karen kasum Ademola.Lived in Cali(short for Calabar, before you think I mean California 😁) all my life,well until I got tired of being referred to as "Ini" and relocated to Owerri.That is funny though,like why would I,a Yoruba girl be called iniabong,of all the names in the world,at least "Simbi" would sound better.But my relocation wasn't totally because of the name calling,my older brother decided I come stay with him since my other sisters would be relocating out of the country soon,and I am yet to complete my senior secondary school.Anyways,this is not about my biography,I want to share my burdens with you.

As an introvert,I walk or live in life as someone that is always criticized,said "No" to and mocked.Right from junior secondary,I always felt extremely shy and my classmates took it for pride.Because I didn't position myself in a way to be talked freely with,but they didn't get the part where as an introvert,I am prone to auto-assumptions.This syndrome makes me assume that anyone coming or approaching is either there to use my kindness (which most times,I refer to it as my weakness)or coming out of pity for my personality.And deep down ,I wanted a genuine friendship,not some motives that has punctured ulteriors.So I remained my best friend and had multitudes of enemies.Woa,I mean a lot.i couldn't make friends and when those people say things about me,I make them enemies and hold them in my heart as those against my joy.

Comments

Evidence Ben said…
It's hard to explain most times what we really want to be in the face of others and how we want to be perceived . I'm most times cold and hot

Popular Posts