"ADULTHOOD NA SCAM"

 Growing up as a teenager,most things were done for me; cooking,laundry,house keeping and the likes.Down my late teenage(At about 16-19years),I started worrying about what adulthood really hold for me.I mean,one have to grow you know?, and that phase seems to be the most dreaded level, because not only does it usher you into the main drill of living up to yourself,it is not a sweet ride for the lazy ones(especially when one is born into intense poverty). Finally,I faced the works,I washed,tried poisoning myself and those I cooked for in the name of preparing a meal(Onga spice really killed it,God!,that spice should be banned forever) only those that understands what that spice can do can relate.It gives you the intuition that your food is going to turn out well,only to lead you to toilet later(That spice is just a "thought" of spice,Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo did say that there are milk that you can't equate with the well branded ones, because they can only be qualified as the thought of milk, not milk itself).I literally felt ashamed of myself, couldn't fix a simple Nigerian jollof as a 18year old.I know I had low self-esteem,but during that phase?,I must say it dropped lower.And this happened because my cousins and their mom made sure they laughed at my every mistake.They just looked forward to when I would cook rubbish, and mediocrity made sure that was a success.I couldn't cook properly (There must be excesses, either salt or pepper or overly cooked foods).It was Only stew I knew how to make,and then few others like noodles,my favorite then, I'll just cook it void of veggies,serve it with soft bread and milk while seeing one of the Korean series.Then, about making money(of course i thought they were plucked from trees)I waited for them to grow from any tree.The shock of learning that it has to be worked for,earned as a gift,or even made from being an entrepreneur got me shaking..

Long story cut short,this lady here couldn't wash her clothes properly,make a decent meal,make a bed,keep the house well arranged because I couldn't get it just right.Plus!,I thought there were all magical (wake up in the morning to see a nice meal of baked beans,grilled hot dogs,fried eggs,fresh tomatoes and parsley,I'm kidding 😂,that's an exaggerated meal,I actually meant a meal of pap and sweet beans cake with enough milk and sugar for the pap.A knock on the door to drop my already washed dresses,a magical wand that makes the house neat and tidy.....a fairy godmother that makes sumptuous meals)...I mean, isn't life supposed to be this sweet??,or at least I've with older siblings forever and pray that they don't get tired of me being a kid....Then,just then,will I call adulthood a blissful experience not a scam.

So,like someone struck by lightning,I picked up myself to learn all I need for the journey of adulthood,so ADULTHOOD IS ONLY A SCAM to the day dreamers."ADULTHOOD IS A SCAM" yeah, SYSTEM for COMPILING your ACTUAL MOMENTS in life.

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well well well, nice play of words and the ability to put one in a position to trying to ascertain what it become of the teenager, glad she knows what it's worth.

Popular posts from this blog

How to handle fear

I(me)

THINK